Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chicklets Bubble Gum Art- Stop Motion Animation

Really random??? YES! I was curious if I could turn chicklets gum from a stop motion object into a sculptural object. My last video was a tutorial on traditional painting....This one was as far from traditional painting as you could get. But I learned a lot doing it. For instance, you can layer gum like you layer paint and interestingly enough, gum gives an artist a medium that 1.) dries and solidifies 2.) can be used translucently or applied opaque (different thicknesses) 3.) can be layered 4.) GIVES ME A WICKED SUGAR RUSH!

Believe it or not, I want to experiment more with this medium. If you think about it, chewing gum's artistic possibilities lie somewhere between painting and sculpture. I had fun.....Now I have to burn the 1200 calories that I ingested!!!!! LOL -Merrill Kazanjian
Category: Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment